Monday, July 15, 2013

For REAL I'm back (I hope)

So. After a 2+ year hiatus, I had the most amazing lunch at home that put me right. over. the. edge. As I took bite after glorious bite, I said to myself, "That's it! No more excuses! Amytacular is back!" To myself of course..while standing in my kitchen. Talking to my dogs. 

If you have been living under a rock (or just aren't a FB friend), the last 2 years have been filled with some pretty big life events. Ok, event. Singular, really. I had a little baby and she's now 1.5 years old. That was weird just typing that. She's a year and a half (technically not until the end of the month) but those people who would always speak about their children in months always annoyed me. It was like, I know you think b/c I'm Asian I like doing math, and honestly, I do but don't MAKE me do the math, mkay? But if you are one of those people that refers to their children's age in months, I get it now. My b for being so annoyed. And for all you people who find it annoying too that don't have kids - the true reason is b/c they change SO quick during those first few years that you HAVE to say what month b/c so much happens from month to month. One month they're rolling around, next they're crawling, then they're walking, then running, talking, talking back, driving, going to prom, running for Congress etc. Parents, can I get an Amen? (Amen) She's totally awesome by the way. More about her later.

Anyhow, I just wanted to get it out there that I'm dippin' the toe back in the bloggy pool. IDK how well I'll actually keep up but I have realistic hopes. I'm thinking it'll be pretty consistent for a little bit b/c of all the backed up material I've had swimming in my head for the last few years then I'll relapse into a monthly deal. That's life w/ a kid, man, deal w/ it! 

Oh, and I logged back on for the first time in a while and I noticed not ONE follower anymore. I leave for 2 years and you people abandon me? Not that it's THAT hard to believe but one of the TWO followers I had was my own freaking husband. Really, hon? Really? You blog reading people are a fickle bunch, I tell you. There are blogs out there that I've followed for YEARS after their authors have ceased to post. That's my commitment, people! That and I'm too lazy to really go in to my subscriptions and manage them. So does that mean you guys (hon, this is directed at you) went in and UNSUBSCRIBED? Or does it just kick you off as a Follower if you haven't posted anything in say, ohh, 2+ years? Gah. 

First (food) post back will be a good one, working on it now. It'll change your life as it has mine. LITERALLY. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment