Saturday, August 23, 2014

Listing a List of Lists #7



This beautiful salad inspired me.



Food I'm Loving:

Thai Steak Salad w/ sweet & spicy tahini dressing.  Wow.  And keeping w/ the Thai theme - this salad too.  

Bacon Jam.  I'm almost scared to look at the recipe for fear that I could/would actually make it.  Costco was actually selling Seattle's own Skillet version and picked some up before they decided to not carry it and I would never find it there again.  So great on sandwiches and we actually tried slathering on blueberry waffles the other day - pretty yum!  

Curried veggie and chickpea stew.  Made this yesterday and it made a HUGE batch.  Subbed chicken stock and kale instead of veggie stock and spinach, added orzo pasta - will be a great fall recipe.  It is so hearty and comforting, I skipped (but didn't even miss) the coconut milk.

I've been loving all the sockeye salmon recipes and we've been eating it all summer.  Was on sale at Costco for $6/lbs (!!) and I snagged a (huge) whole fish for under $30.  God bless the Pacific Northwest!

Shrimp 'n grits. It's so fancy, you already know.

Pecan Blondie Dunkers.  Kuen realized she actually likes pecans (and almonds) after her father's insistence that they were yucky and clouded her judgement.  She's since seen the light.  But I guess it goes both ways since apparently Kuen now likes to eat broccoli slathered w/ mayonnaise like her dad.  Gag.

Double chocolate pancakes for bfast?  I wish.  

Millionaire's Shortbread.  As if I really needed this recipe in my life.  Ok, no really, I do.

Apricot Buttermilk Pie - intriguing.  I'd like to try this so if anyone could pls volunteer to make one, I'd be happy to taste test.

Or someone else could volunteer for this blueberry custard pie.


Such a crowd pleaser..


Interesting to Me:

I recently had a horrible customer service experience with Lululemon.  They completely let me down when it came time to resolve my issue and IMHO, if you're going to charge the crazy ass prices they charge for workout clothes, they had better come through like a champ when a customer is justifiably unsatisfied.  Needless to say, I was underwhelmed.  I have been on the hunt for a replacement.  Hell hath no fury like a consumer scorn!  Luckily, I've found a pretty good replacement in Kate Hudson's Fabletics.  I've gotten a few pairs of capris and tanks which I'm already loving!  Bye bye forever, Lulu (jerks).

Best way to organize your fridge.  B, any thougths?  I have a notoriously cluttered and messy eclectic and well-stocked fridge.

I've kept my eggs on the counter for years now.  Yes, even in the summer and I'm still alive.

So excited this is happening next year.  I'll actually be able to see the Bellevue location from my office.  That means I'll also be able to see my office from Chick-fil-a when I walk over there for lunch every day.  Maybe I should just relocate my desk to Chick-fil-a.

Ice Bucket Challenge videos that made me laugh: Mitt Romney, Bill GatesGeorge W., Benedict Cumberbatchthis one is especially funny since it goes through several replays as well as a slow motion of W's.  I could watch Will Smith dump ice on his head all day.

I just love Jimmy Fallon.  I couldn't stop laughing when she's yelling at the step dad.  In the Taylor Swift one too.  This Jimmy Kimmel one is an oldie but goodie.

After a conversation w/ a friend at drinks a while ago, she encouraged me to take a test to find out my strengths.  Top strength according to this test was "learner".  Not strategy or empathy or deliberation..learner.  I'm not sure why I was disappointed but I started to think of it as me just being curious about all things I don't know about (which is prettymuch everything) in life.  One of my huge takeaways was that I needed to read more and I've found a very effective way to squeeze in more books by going the audiobook route.  I just pop one in and listen on my drive to/from work.  Best part?  It's free.  Download Overdrive app and check audiobooks out from your library - FO FREE and it makes my drive so much more pleasant.  

Currently listening to this book by Brene Brown and it makes me want to quit corporate America and study social sciences (it's my inner Carrie Anderson! xo).  So fascinating.  Finished Wally Lamb's We Are Water also and can I just say how effed up I think Wally Lamb is?  I had to fast forward through the Kent character's parts.  I only gave it 2 stars on Goodreads.  I haven't read his other (even more highly rated) book all the way through but I do remember really liking She's Come Undone which I read a thousand years ago.

Just for Fun:


Thanks, Sarah!!
Gabe and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on 8/8.  I can't even believe I've known this guy for 8 years now.  What a crazy roller coaster ride it's been so far.  Love you, hon!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment