Friday, January 1, 2010

Maple Glazed Bacon

You probably won't find much use for my blog if you don't like bacon. To me, few kitchen smells are more intoxicating than that of bacon cooking. What could make this seemingly perfect food even more perfect? 100% pure medium amber maple syrup, that's what. Shoot.


Not surprisingly, the pre-cooked bacon I always get at Costco is making another appearance - I'm sure it won't be the last. In fact, all three ingredients that go into this insanely delicious stuff is from Costco. I'm a walking talking Costco ad. God bless Costco.


Now did you really need a recipe to know how to do this? No. But taking photos of beautiful glistening sweet and peppery bacon is one of my hobbies. I make no apologies.

Maple Glazed Bacon

I usually count 2-3 slices of bacon (for normal people). In our house, you may as well do no less than 5-6 pieces per person. Just be sure you have a defibrillator nearby.

Makes 2 servings

4 slices pre-cooked thick slice bacon
1 tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper


Preheat the oven at 350°F and lay the bacon on a wire rack on a sheet pan so some of the grease and excess maple syrup can drip.

Using a brush, baste that beautiful bacon.
Bake for 10 minutes until golden and bubbley.





Oh, goodness.


Glaze and throw in the oven and get ready for some craziness.


Bacon cooking brings everyone into the kitchen. Especially our sweet baby Tucker. He loves to help me cook.




Ten minutes later..



This.




Bacon grease bubbling.





Can't stand it. But you know how you can make it even better? Pepper. Sprinkle the freshly ground stuff, please - it has SO much more flavor.




There we go.



Do I really need to convince any bacon lover to make this? It's candied meat.



I need to go get on the elliptical now for 4 hours. New Year's resolution #1: make this less for Gabe and myself; #2: buy stock in Costco.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy. I am so glad you posted the bacon recipe. I haven't been to your blog for awhile, so I was happy to see all the additional recipes.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete