Monday, March 15, 2010

BC's Easy Sticky Buns

If my food blog is starting to look like one big shrine to Auntie Ina, you're not the only one that thinks so. I can't help it though. Every time I try one of her recipes, I'm blown away. These sticky buns are another example. Do you know about these? They should be illegal.

I had a leftover piece of puff pastry in my fridge that was about to go south. I halved the recipe and I'm lucky I did - or else I would've had 12 of these little cellulite bombs to navigate my appetite around.

I had seen B.C. make these on one of her shows and thought I'd give it a try. Not only until I had these things sitting in the pan did I decide I could possibly put them up on the old blog. I took a picture of them in the muffin tin before baking as a little insurance, luckily it paid off.

Look at those gorgeous mounds of fat, sugar, butter and nuts.
So, what's underneath the buns is about a tablespoon of a butter/brown sugar mixture. And pecans..about 1 heaping tsp. full of chopped pecans.
Phew. She's a beaut.
After about 20-25 minutes of baking - an impossible amount of time given the intoxicating smells your oven will emit during the baking, you get this:
Golden, bubbly, flaky, sinful sticky buns.
Let them cool for 5 minutes, and dump them out on some parchment paper.
But not before you stare and sniff them for several minutes.
I'm sure the buns were pretty uncomfortable with all the starting at this point.

Why yes, that is caramelized sugar on your innocent muffin tin. I told you these things were dangerous.

Dumping out..
I scraped the insides of the tins w/ a rubber spatula to make sure all the caramelized pecans got out and landed on top of the buns.
I had to walk away for a few minutes. Calm down.
Then I had to write a note to myself that I could only eat half of one since I hadn't gone to the gym that morning.
Make sure when you bake these things, you line your baking sheet w/ some parchment, or else, you'll have a big mess.
Here was the first bit.
I died right there in my kitchen right after I took it.

Hope you try the recipe! Make sure to update all insurance beneficiaries before you do!

Recipe at Food Network website: Easy Sticky Buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment